AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI All,

I want to track clicks on a url that is -www.abc.com/about-abc, I mean if some body clicks on my adwords ad he should land on-www.abc.com/about-abc. But the page where the visitor has to fill up the form and do the payment is www.xyz.com/thankyou this page is there on www.abc.com/about-abc. Now my question is can i put the conversion code on www.xyz.com/thankyou and give destination url in my ad as www.abc.com/about-abc.

Please help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deepak T
September 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Deepak,

Yes if your ad destination URL is www.abc.com/about-abc and the filling form also available on that page and after submitting all the information through this form if you getting www.xyz.com/thankyou , yes you have to place the conversion code in thank u page.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deepak T
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Deepak,

Yes if your ad destination URL is www.abc.com/about-abc and the filling form also available on that page and after submitting all the information through this form if you getting www.xyz.com/thankyou , yes you have to place the conversion code in thank u page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Nisal for the solutions.
The form will be available after clicking register now button on www.abc.com/about-abc, and the registration form will open on www.xyz.com/registration. and thank u page eill be www.xyz.com/thankyou

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Are we talking about two domains here? Destination URL is on one domain and form is on another domain?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes exactly. but that registration form comes through the same website ,only the url changes.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
URL changes mean two domains. Coz u r landing page at abc.com but registration form opens at xyz.com.

In this case I think u need to enable cross domain tracking through adwords.

You can read here more about this - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingSite#multipleDomains

Also we have a community article explaining this scenario Smiley Happy

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Conversion-Tracking-and-Goals-Going-acros...

Hope this will help you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks this was helpful.
The community article says yes it can be done.