AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

May someone please help with the issue I'm facing.  I have setup an AdWords campaign and set my conversion tracking, where a conversion is a free signup by registering an email address.  I want to track those email addresses registered, through the campaign.  Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bana S
September 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Bana S,

What I do is set a cookie on the browser when the visitor hits the landing page. I look for a gclid value in the query string. If there is one, it's an AdWords visit. That cookie stays with the browser. When the visitor hits the thank you page, look for the cookie you set on the landing page. If you find it, mark the db record with AdWords source. After reading the cookie from the thank you page, you can delete it.

You should be able to do something similar with your other advertising channels.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 11
Top Contributor
Hi Bana S,

If you are not a programmer, yes, you will need help to set this up, setting the cookie, reading the cookie and storing the data. Setting the cookie is easy and can be done with Javascript on the client side. Reading the cookie and storing the data needs to be done on the server side.

Pete

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Bana,

As you said you alredy set Conversion tracking. So What is your issue? Are you not able to see Conversion? or code is working or not? or any other?

Please give some more info about this to get best solution

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bana,

To add to Kandarp's answer, below is a link to the AdWords Conversion Tracking Setup Guide.  The best way to track the Conversion you mentioned would be to have a confirmation page, or a "thank you for registering your email" page that displays after a user has submitted their email address.  On that page, you can place the AdWords Conversion Tracking Code.

Inside of AdWords you cannot see what specific email addresses were submitted to your site via AdWords, you'll just see the total number of Conversions that were recorded as a result of your AdWords Campaign.  Does that help?

AdWords Conversion Tracking Setup Guide

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I want to be able to see who are the people that converted through my AdWords campaign!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi vkore91,

Thank you for your reply. I am familiar with conversion tracking and set it up very well, however it is the emails that I want to see! Are you sure that it cannot be done inside AdWords? If not, do you have any other solution??

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Bana,

As Brian Valentini (vkore) said above, You cannot see the email address via Adwords. Adwords only shows you Total number of Conversions.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Bana,

I'm sure you have created the database for list of users who registering at your website. You can collect the email id from same (IMO)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kandarp,

Yes I do have my own database, but there is more than one channel to subscribing and submitting your email. That is the reason why I want a solution to be able to see JUST the emails that came through my AdWords campaign!!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Bana S,

What I do is set a cookie on the browser when the visitor hits the landing page. I look for a gclid value in the query string. If there is one, it's an AdWords visit. That cookie stays with the browser. When the visitor hits the thank you page, look for the cookie you set on the landing page. If you find it, mark the db record with AdWords source. After reading the cookie from the thank you page, you can delete it.

You should be able to do something similar with your other advertising channels.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Petebardo, thank you for your reply but does that mean I would need the help of a developer in order to set the cookie on the browser?