AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking webpages issue

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

In my Ad words account i am facing very different problem regarding conversion tracking webpages.we have 3 separate checkout pages and they leads to pay pal and cc payment gateways we implemented it on their thank you pages but as per adwords stats it is showing that it is implemented my home page url.

Capture.JPG

So why this is happening and it is also showing that we are getting conversion from one IP address also and some urls are with www and some are without www.

this is current situation so please help me out from here and why this is happening ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking webpages issue

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Willam S,

Thanks for posting! Have you checked the source code of your home page to see if the conversion tracking code was actually added to it? Conversion tracking is a very simple form of tracking - you add the code to a page on your website and when someone visits that page, the code fires and it is counted as a conversion. 

I would double-check that you have implemented the conversion tracking code correctly.

If customers leave your website to go to PayPal, you will need to set up E-Commerce tracking with Analytics in order to track those conversions. More information can be found in the following article. The article is not a Google AdWords written article, but is quite helpful: http://goo.gl/7nO1FZ .

Re: Conversion Tracking webpages issue

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi William,

The web pages tab doesn't show URLs unless conversion tracking code is implemented. If you aren't sure how to check the source code, you can use Tag Assistant. Link here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

Open each page of your site and click on the Tag assistant icon to see if there's a conversion tracking code installed.
Sumanth Sridhar