AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking of One Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to track conversions from just one campaign. However when I set conversion tracking, all campaigns are included. Any idea how to track a single campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking of One Campaign

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

That rather depends on whether you're advertising product sales or lead generation.

For lead generation, many times there's one "critical" page that you want visitors to see to encourage them to submit a request. For a campaign like this, you can create a separate landing page for the campaign you want to track conversions on and also create a separate "thank you/successful submission" page with a unique URL. Send all of the traffic for that campaign to this new landing page, and put the conversion code only on the thank you/successful submission page associated with the separate form.

For product sales, you can do much the same thing except that if you are advertising products on multiple website pages, you'd need to duplicate each of them, along with duplicating your purchasing pages. This rapidly becomes much more complicated (as you can tell).

In both cases, manipulating your website to provide dedicated landing pages to be associated with conversions is really your only option.

In the long run, I find it simpler to manually subtract the "unwanted" conversions from my totals in my offline reports. Smiley Happy

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*