AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking not tracking all conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a website where user is redirected to bank website for the payment and additional authentication and for some reason those transactions are not getting tracked. I have a feeling that user is closing the browser after the payment and therefore never come back to the website thank you page. 

Does someone has a similar problem? How can those transactions be tracked? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking not tracking all conversions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Your tracking code is pasted in the thank you page and thank you page is the one which load right after the transaction happen? If yes there is no need user to come back to thank you page. Right after he completed the transaction conversion window should be completed and conversion should be tracked.  Can u do a test transaction and see how the tracking happening with this scenario? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I think I missed the email that was sent to notify that I got a reply on my post.

Anyways, what happens right now is that user gets redirected to bank website for payment and CC validation and they completely leave our website. After the payment is made, they get redirected back to our website and the thank you page where conversion tracking is installed. Any user that closes the browser right after payment and don't come back to our website are not tracked in my opinion.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hmm possible. But most of the online bank transaction pages I've seen at least display a message saying do not close or interact with the browser until everything finish to ensure these kind of things wont happen ya?