AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking form submission

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I recently opened an Adwords Account and plan on using it to track conversions through my online University website. I would like to track conversions at specific points in the conversion process. For example, I want to track how many leads visit the landing page after clicking through an ad. Then, I want to track how many leads continue on my website to the online application for the degree program associated with that ad. Finally, I want to look at how many of those leads complete the signup form and enroll in the program. Is there an easy method for doing this in Conversion Tracking or is the process more involved? 

Thanks in advance, 

Calvin Lyman

http://www.oc.edu

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author OklahomaChristian
September 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking form submission

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
It's simple enough - you need to do one of thwo things:

1. create an Adwords conversion and add the scrip to tthe specific pages in the progression.

2. create goals in Analytics - these would be triggered by a visitor landing on the specific url. Then import those goals as conversions in Adwords...

i prefer the second option since you will be able to track conversions from other traffic sources - not just Adwords traffic - although, of course, back in the AdWords conversions, only the Adowrds traffic would be monitored

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But what if there is no /Thank-you page, how can you embed the script in the 'Submit' button?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mina,

There are a couple of options -

1. you can "hard code" a trigger in the onclick event of the form submit button - this is a good reference for this:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide

The other - more versatile option is to use Google Tag Manager on your site and then track this kind of click with a Click Listener tag - this can thjen be used to identify any and all kinds of actions that a visitor might take on your page - basically, they click and you can trigger an event.

https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/3415369?hl=en

This is a steep learning curve... but the rewards are really worth it!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You Steve :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Steve

I know this is long after this thread was last visited but I'm here now so...

The solutions you listed above are both tracked in analytics. I gather there is nothing similar that can be done in adwords? Or, will this show up in adwords in the linked analytics data? Ideally, I would like to be able to trace the submitted form back to the keyword that triggered the ad in adwords.

Thanks