AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking for Websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I want to track conversions of adword but its not tracking . I have seen many videos but not able to find the solution can any help me

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking for Websites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lubna,

To track the conversion from adwords ads, you first need to set up the conversion code from adwords account.

Based on your goal, Select either website, app, phone calls or import(to track offline and online conversions).
Then you need to save it with any name whatever you want.

Now this generated code need to be placed before the </body> end tag on the website thank you page or sale completion page.

If you want to track the downloads from the play store then there is no need to place that code. You just need to enter the app name, Google will automatically track the downloads from the play store.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Lubna A

A bit more elaboration is required for your question. What is the action that you want to track as conversions in AdWords? Is it a form submission, a click on any element on your website, newsletter signup, download, sale, or anything else similar? We can guide you into right direction once you tell us about it.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Aha .. what is difference between goal and Conversions in google analytic . If i done with above instruction then what will be next step to show all my result in google analytic . Its quit confusion "Conversions" in adword campaign and "Conversions and goal " in google analytic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
its sales

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Goal is what you want from the users through your ads.
It may be sale, enquiry form, signup, app download, calls.

Conversion is when a user click on ad and perform that valuable action that you have defined as your goal.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Sales can be completed any way, website, app, or even offline.

If it is from the website then you can go with selecting website and then placing the code on the sale completion page/thankyou page as mention in earlier post.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok @Archit i am following your instructions but i can't find thank you page in my site theme . its eCommerce site

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Then it must be order received page or order completion page.

Regards