AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking for Websites – How to Implement

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

As you all know I also came here with real life AdWord issues. So this time it is also a new one.

Currently I am optimizing an Ad Word account where are 4-5 ads group and all has different landing pages, but at the end all go to one thank you page which is the confirmation page. But my client wants to track the conversion for every landing page with respect to every ad group. So I am not sure how I can track it. However, I have read many threads regarding the multiple campaign conversion tracking, but that is a very different thing than my case. So can anyone tell me how I can track the conversion for multiple landing pages with a single "thank you" page.

@pankaj1782 I am looking best answer from you.

Best Regard

Om Thakur

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ratan-Jha (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Re: Conversion Tracking for Websites – How to Implement

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Om T

To clear things up for you, Archit is correct, the conversion code needs to be on the thank-you page.

The confusion seems to be coming in with attribution. Google will attribute each conversion that comes from an ad back to that ad/keyword/ad group/campaign. So you will be able to see exactly which ad group/landing page in this case is driving the conversion.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Om,

As you have mentioned that all the different landing pages finally redirecting to the same thank you page.
You need to put the adwords conversion code to that thank you only to track all the conversions.

Below provided links will help to setup the conversion tracking for website with step by step instructions.

To Get the conversion code from adwords account:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821

To add the code on the website:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6331314

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Archit, thanks for reply but you didn't get my point. I want to track conversion for all landing pages and if I will place the conversion code at "thankyou" page then I can track only all conversions not for individual landing page. But I want to know which ads groups and landing pages are performing best at the basis of conversions.

Now, I hope all things are clear to you.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A conversion happens when someone clicks your ad and then takes an action that you’ve defined as valuable to your business, such as an online purchase or a call to your business from a mobile phone.

So, you need to place the conversion code only after the sale is completed, or form has been filled. And it will only happen if the user is redirected to a thankyou page.
That is why we put the conversion code on the thankyou page to track those users who have reached to this page.

On the other hand if you will put the conversion code on the landing page itself then a click from the ad will be count as conversion.

Hope your doubts are now clear with the conversion tracking.

further i recommend you to link your adwords account with GA account for a detailed data and tracking.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ratan-Jha (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Om T

To clear things up for you, Archit is correct, the conversion code needs to be on the thank-you page.

The confusion seems to be coming in with attribution. Google will attribute each conversion that comes from an ad back to that ad/keyword/ad group/campaign. So you will be able to see exactly which ad group/landing page in this case is driving the conversion.

Good Luck

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Clynton,

You mean to say I can track the conversion for every landing page separately even if I have implemented the tracking code in single thank you page. If your answer is yes, then you might be right that I was assuming it in another way and was looking for distinct way for recording the conversion for every ad group.

Thanks again for reply.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
That is correct,

1 single conversion tracking pixel will record the conversions in the correct place within your ad account.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok Clynton, thanks for making the things more clear.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Om T ,

A small addition to informative responses above,  the conversion tracking is an account level feature. 

To see the impact of your landing pages that you are using at the ad group level, go to the Dimensions Tab and select the Final URL Report. That report would actually tell you how's the final URLs performing and how many conversions you have received out of them. Based on that, you can take the strategic decision to keep using the same or make any tweaks in you landing page if required.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @pankaj1782 ,

Thanks for reply. You might be right but I am not able to see the Final URL Report under dimension tab. Please see the attached image.