AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking for Sitelinks in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

If somebody clicks on a sitelink in my ad which goes to a normal page on my website rather than the special adwords landing page setup for a headline click, then if they meet the goal by ending up on my thank you page will I still see it as a conversion on my adwords report? Or are conversions in Adwords report only reported on for people who click on headline and get to my thank you page within 30-days cookie life or whatever it is set to?

Just want to be sure Adwords is reporting on my sitelink clicks as conversions if the person gets to thank you page after clicking a sitelink.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Re: Conversion Tracking for Sitelinks in Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cliff C,

The short and sweet answer is - Yes, it will be reported as conversion. It makes no difference whether the click came from Headline or sitelink, if the conversion code was fired, it's a conversion. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Cliff,

Yes it will be recorded as a conversion through your sitelink.

To see the conversion through the sitelinks:

Go the the Ad Extensions >> sitelinks Extensions >> now you can see if there is any conversion from any particular sitelink.

Better is to modify you webpages which are used as sitelink, as per the adwords Goal so that the conversion can be completed within the same page.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Archit

When you go to Ad Extensions >> sitelinks Extensions you can see how many conversions your ads received when they was displayed with a particular sitelink.
But it doesn't mean that click and conversion was through sitelink.

To check this we have to use "Click type" segment. Then we can see if click/conversion was through sitelink, header or other.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your insights. You've helped pull me along further with your answer. For some reason when I review figures by click type I see everything doubled for the two sitelinks I show on my ads. That is I see all the stats of clicks and impressions repeated for each sitelink and 2 conversion listed for each sitelink even though total for combined sitelinks correct at 2. I may be misinterpreting the stats on the page but looking at it there is no way to distinguish which of the sitelinks resulted in a specific conversion.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can use "This extension vs. Other" segment.
This segment will distinguish sitelinks performance for every sitelink.

this-extension-vs-other.png