AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking and Set Up - CSM Tracks but Not Adowrds

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Having trouble with conversion tracking - to the point where all campaigns are shut off with the exception of two, each of which are named after the conversion tracking I'm trying to track.

Our CSM is recording Google Adword conversions, but Adwords is either 1) Not reporting them or 2) Counting more conversions than clicks.

One of the tracking codes is on a set of 4 /thank-you{product_or_service}/ page, which fires upload pageview.

The other is on marketplace page (a separate domain name), and is embedded in an iframe element and fires upon pageload.

Our webmaster and I tested the /thank-you/ tracking code yesterday with a false sign up (I went through the process to completion on my computer). We looked at the source code, and the tracking code that we made for this test that day was there.

Our CSM picked up my test, but even a day later, Google Adwords did not report it. In the 'Tools' tab, the conversion code says that it was "last seen today" but there are "no recent conversions." When we know that there should be.

Why isn't Adwords reporting the conversion?

Thank you, and please feel free to ask me for more info.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James R
June 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Just created goals in Google Analytics and imported them to adwords.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James R,

First, there is time lag within Adwords conversions. I've seen latency between 24-48 hours. So keep that in mind...but if you aren't seeing any conversions reported by the end of the week then there is definitely an issue.

How have you implemented your tags? FTP client, cms, Tag Manager? And are these analytics goals or Adwords goals that you've setup?

Also, you mentioned that you have another domain where you are tracking conversions within an iframe upon page load? I'm assuming that this is an embedded form that you are tracking after it's submitted? If so, then this gets really tricky unless you have some sort of redirect in place after the form submit...confirm that process for me.

Also, if you want to provide the url in this forum then some of the experts in this field can review if your tags are firing correctly.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks getting back to me, I hope I can answer your questions with the following.

The codes are implemented by plugging them in through WordPress; then tested on Tag Assistant Chrome Extension.

For the two-domain tracking, the tracking code is on the second domain and is embedded in an iframe. The sign up form on the first domain is a site-wide form, the link to it is in the header.

While I can't share the second domain (it requires a customer profile, and I won't ask you to do that!) one of the pages for the first tracking code is: https://www.mimeo.com/thank-you-solutions/

Thank you again for the help.

James

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

For your test, did you get to your site by clicking on your own ad? AdWords will only report conversions that are the result of ad clicks.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, I clicked through one of my ads.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James R
June 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Just created goals in Google Analytics and imported them to adwords.

Re: Conversion Tracking and Set Up - CSM Tracks but Not Adowrds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi im wanting to cancel my adwords website as a error accidentltly thinking as i instructed her to pay and sign up for google app games for my son who has autiism ,adhd and she told me as im in hospital battling cancer ,single mom of 3,,,that she has set up a direct debit ..as she thought she knows alot like teenagers think they do ,,so my bank calls me and asks me if im aware of google taking money out my account i said no..therefore is it possible you could cancel my accounts and refund me my money please...please ,,