AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking Validated, No Conversions Tracked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I set up the AdWords conversion tracking tag using tag manager, AdWords has validated the conversion tag/code. However, no conversions have been tracked in AdWords. It has been two days since the code was verified. Google analytics is attributing conversions to AdWords so I know that AdWords traffic is converting.

Why isn't the AdWords conversion tag firing or tracking in AdWords?

I wasn't able to embed the screenshots, links to AdWords conversion settings and the tag manager settings are below:

I wasn't sure if this is a tag manager issue or an AdWords issue. So I hope I am posting in the correct forum. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bart G
December 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking Validated, No Conversions Tracked

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bart
The only things I can guess at without knowing the URL or having access to the conversion process is that either the conversion label is wrong in GTM or the regex statement is wrong. No way for me to know what you're trying to achieve with that regex.

If I were you, I'd install the Google Tag Assistant chrome extension, walk through the conversion process yourself and watch what exactly is being fired. If you still can't figure it out, start a recording in the tag assistant extension and post it here and we may be able to help further.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bart G
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bart
The only things I can guess at without knowing the URL or having access to the conversion process is that either the conversion label is wrong in GTM or the regex statement is wrong. No way for me to know what you're trying to achieve with that regex.

If I were you, I'd install the Google Tag Assistant chrome extension, walk through the conversion process yourself and watch what exactly is being fired. If you still can't figure it out, start a recording in the tag assistant extension and post it here and we may be able to help further.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dave_Davis, The regex works in GA so I haven't given it a second thought. I am going reevaluate the regex when I get back into the office. Thanks for mentioning it. The sign up confirmation page is rigged so that you actually have to go through the sign up process and a transaction is completed. It just redirects me. So I haven't been able to use the tag assistant chrome extension on that page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dave_Davis,

Thanks for helping me out, after reevaluating the RegEx I decided to go with "URL starts with" and "URL contains" instead. I love RegEx but it is also complicated to learn. Someday I may be able to master it.

I deeply appreciate you taking the time to help.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Bart
Thanks ks for getting back to me.

Yea, don't get me started. I first started learning regex about 15 years ago. I'm still in first gear with it. It's incredibly difficult to master and surprisingly few have considering its probably the one constant across computer science and programming. It's so powerful yet so confusing. There's also a lack of a good course on it that simplifies it enough. At least not that I've found. I'm glad Google had the good sense to add in the default "starts with" and "contains" or we'd all be driven crazy.

Anyway, glad to have helped, even if it was in a small way. Best of luck.