AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking - Specific Page Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I want to track successful newsletter sign ups on the client's website. The things is that after completion (filling personal info) the page remains almost the same except for the symbol "#", which goes at the end of the URL address. Since I'm not sure if that's ok with the AdWords API, do you guys have any idea if it possible to enable conversion tracking for this specific page?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Plamen J,

First, I would check the form itself.  If it's a widget or plugin, find out if there conversion tracking support built in? You may also have the option to edit the source code of the confirmation "page"/message as part of the on page processing.  One other option may be to implement an Analytics event that will track your conversions on the submission itself or perhaps in the on page processing after the submission is successful.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Plamen J
May

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Your other option is to use Google Tag Manager - it can detect successful form submissions and create an Analytics event, whereas using Analytics itself will only track clicks on the submit button, successful or not.