AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking Question

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Quick question about conversion tracking. I am currently running ppc ads to a specifc landing page on my site. I have conversion tracking on my thank you page after sign up form.

1. I assume the conversion only occures within Adwords when someones enters via a PPC ad.

* The conversion page won't be affected when a general website visitor (non pcc person) hits my thank you page?

2. Am I correct in saying conversion tracking only starts to track once I get 30 website conversions.

Regards,

Glenbob.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Glenbob,

1.) You are correct in saying that the conversion only occurs when someone from one of your PPC ads reaches that "thank you" page. A temporary cookie is placed on the customer's computer allowing their conversion to be tracked and also distinguished from 'regular' visitors who don't visit through the campaign.

2.) The conversion tracking starts right away without you having to get any set amount of conversions, just remember that the reporting can take up to 24 hours when it comes to conversions. You might be referring to the conversion optimiser which requires you getting at least 15 conversions within a 30 day period in order to enable.

This link is great for explaining the conversion tracking in more detail.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ScottyD (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello GlenBob,

You are right Google adwords will count conversion in its interface when user click on you ads, then fill the sign up form and then reach to Thank you page. But if after clicking the ads, some how user can access your thank you page directely then adwords will count it as conversion, even though they havn't fill the sign up form. So you need to make sure thank you page should not be easily accessible.

No conversion tracking start as you set up code in your thank you page and any user fill the form after clicking your ads. It's CPA which is cost per acquisition which require atlest 15 conversions in last 30 days.

Dinesh
My Blog

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Scott you're too quick Smiley Happy

Dinesh
My Blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It's the Olympic season Smiley Wink

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the info Scott.

I was just a bit concerend 'regular website users' could infulence conversion rate in my Adwords account.

Cheers for the links as well I'll look into those.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the input Dinesh,

The only way the 'thank you page' is accessible is once someone signs up using my form. (It's can't be accessed any other way on my site).

Cheers for the link I'll look into it Smiley Happy