AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking Problem

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

In my adwords campaigns i have set my conversion goal is download & Purchase. I want to track both conversions (downloading and purchasing).

For Eg : If any user download the software by download the software exe.

If any user buy the software.

To track the both conversions (downloading & purchasing) i defined two seperate category first is Signup and second is purchase/sale. I also put code in two final pages download and buy page, suppose if any user first download the software exe and then buy later. When i saw tracking status i received good numbers of download conversions in Signup category but none conversion in Purchase/Sale category. I don't know why its happening if anything is wrong in my tracking setting. Please Help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking Problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rick85,

In order to track the Conversion Tracking for purchase orders, you need to implement the Conversion Tracking Script on final check out success page of your website. See this for details.

Now the second one is little complicated (at least for me) where you require to track the downloads of your software and want to measure it. I think TC Pete has given excellent advice on this here in the old forum as to how to track downloads. You can go through it and implement it. 

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Regarding tracking downloads, I´d suggest setting up event tracking to track clicks on the download button (link), then make this event a goal and import that goal to AdWords (in case you want the stats in that interface as well).

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Pankaj and David for suggestions.