AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking -Multiple Thank you Pages- Tag Manager

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I was sending traffic to landing page where the after form submit, the user will get a thank you page. I have already setup conversion tracking in Tag manager to fire on any page that contains the word thanks in URL and I am tracking the form submission in AW conversions.

Now I have another landing page that has another form and the users will be directed to a new thank you page. I am still suing the same account and same domain.

Do I need to setup a new tag with conversion code to fire only for this new thank you page? Will the generic tag that tracks on any url containing the word thank fire also and mess up my conversion numbers?

If I don't add a new tag, how will be able to separate the conversions for the two forms?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sueh16
November 2016

Conversion Tracking -Multiple Thank you Pages- Tag Manager

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Sueh,

Google can tell which keyword/ad a searcher clicks on, and will assign the conversion appropriately. If the conversions have the same value to you, there is no need to create a new conversion action.