AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello advertisers and professionals!

I would like to know how can I setup conversion tracking to my website so I would know if the action that i want occurred when a user clicked my ad.

To be more specific , I want to be able to know if a user has landed on the ad landing page and then clicked through my site pages and fill the "contact us" form how can i set it up so the system will know that this form fill up is count as a conversion ?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Conversion Tracking Help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Please go through Google AdWords help center page to setup conversion tracking:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821

Once you follow the steps and pull out conversion code, add code on the "thank you" page of your website. Instructions is given with the code.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Conversion Tracking Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Neha,

There is no thankyou page...

there are contact us forms on some pages on my site that i want adwords to count as conversion...

Conversion Tracking Help

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The easiest way is  to set a thank you page. This verifies that the form is filled in and submitted

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Conversion Tracking Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Moshe,

there is no need of thankyou page for contact form.. 
there is just a message after the contact form is sent that say "thank you" but its not like when you purchase a product and then the website transfer you to the thankyou page

Conversion Tracking Help

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

It all depends on your CMS and if WordPress the form plugin - but often there is a way of having a thank you page. For example Contact Form 7 just needs one line of javascript. An thank you page is the best solution.

Your other options:

Analytics event > goal > import into AdWords, for a click on the submit button

Google Tag Manager - it can count successful form submissions > Analytics goal > AdWords