AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking Code on Mobile Website

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm currently running a campaign with properly installed conversion tracking code and I have a newly developed mobile website (m.*******.com), and all mobile users were redirect to my mobile site that has its own thank you page (m.*****.com/thank-you/). Would it be best if I will be using the same conversion code that was installed in my website or do I have to create a new conversion tracking with a new code and install it in my mobile site's thank page?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James G
September 2015

Re: Conversion reporting

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It would be better to have two conversion codes. That way you have more control and insights over your conversions.
Or you can add goals through Google analytics.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James G
September 2015

Re: Conversion reporting

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi James G,

I'll give you a different opinion. Just use the same conversion code. If you use different codes, you'll need to segment by conversion type. If you use the same code, you'll need to segment by device. So it's really just a matter of taste on your part. If your conversion is a sale with variable amounts, don't use goals. You won't be able to figure ROI that way. You could use eCommerce tracking imported as a conversion.

My experience is that adding unnecessary conversions just complicates things. You will still have a couple ways of segmenting by device available.

Are you using the {ifmobile:m.*******.com}{ifnotmobile:www.*******.com} statement in your destination URL? That would be the best way to do this.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords