AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking Across Multiple Domains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running a AdWords campaign that sends users to site ABC.com to download a discount voucher, and then the thank you page directs them on to site XYZ.com to submit the discount voucher & purchase the product.

Is it possible to track conversions from AdWords that have sent the person to ABC.com then on to XYZ.com?

I know I can track the conversions individually with different conversion codes. And I can see referral numbers in Analytics, but that doesn't tell me if it was the same person going from one site to the next.

Any suggestions on the best way to approach this?

Cheers,

Liz

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking Across Multiple Domains

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for posting to the Community! You mentioned that you are already using Google Analytics, which is great. It sounds like Cross Domain Tracking on Google Analytics. This will let you count two sessions, one on each website, as one session based on user cookies.

Please take a look at the resource I linked, and let me know if this is what you're looking for. If not, let me know as well and I'll be happy to help.

Cassie