AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tag versus conversion reports : Case Study

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We're trying to increase the amount of leads sent to our clients A, B and C. We are launching a campaign on Google. Here is the case study:

A is an insurer. Let's say one lead is worth 10$. The conversion is counted only when users click on button A. 
B and C are removal companies. Let's say one lead is worth 5$. The conversion is counted only when users click on button "D". Depending on the visitor's country of destination, the lead is sent to B or C.

We are using the same conversion tag for those three conversions.

1) Is it the right method or should we have one conversion tag per client?
2) 
On my conversion reports, is there any way to make the distinction by client? Can we add a specific attribute on the tag that could be visible on our reports? Or should I only rely on the conversions recorded for each of my campaigns?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Severin G,

Your approach is completely wrong. Each of your clients should have their own AdWords account which you manage with an MCC account (it has a new name). That way, you can share your AdWords data with you clients without revealing your other clients' performance. And poor performance of one client will not affect QS of others in the same account. Each of you clients should have their own Google Analytics account as well.

Google frowns on folks doing the business the way you are doing it.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Petebardo, 

Thank you for your reply. Obivously, you would be right if we were managing our clients campaign, which is not the case.

In fact, we redirect the visitors to our site (I should have mentioned it), as the form they must fill out is located on our platform.

So, my two questions remain unchanged. What do you advise?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Severin G,

Oh, I see. I had it backwards.

One conversion should do. You can look at the conversion pages (Tools/Conversions/Webpages) to see which buttons were clicked.

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Petebardo.

However, this is still not the solution. In fact, we send the form to one of our two clients, depending on the data the visitor adds on the form: for instance, if he wants to move to Bulgaria, we'll send the form to client A. 

If he wants to move to Spain, we'll send the form to client B.

So my questions remain unchanged. Is there anything I could add on the conversion tag to differentiate those two clients? 

The IT team has updated the following line: "goog_report_conversion('Quote: CLIENT A')", but I can't find this data on the google conversion reports.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Severin G,

The problem, as I see it, is you don't know ahead of time which button the visitor will click, so tagging the ad URL won't work. The data should show up as I outlined above, but only going forward. I won't be able to recover past history. One button should say "goog_report_conversion('Quote: CLIENT A')", the other "goog_report_conversion('Quote: CLIENT B')". Those should show up on the Tools/Conversions/Webpages report when they happen.

Pete