AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tag Tracking Overlapping Zip Codes

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I have three campaigns, all of which have overlapping zip codes, and one conversion tag installed, can AdWords differentiate who saw which ad and attribute the conversion to the correct campaign? 

For instance, we are running a General Market (1) campaign which includes all of the U.S. and two campaigns (2&3) measuring specific demographics by using 1000 zip codes per campaign. Due to Facebook Advertisement's lack of ability to bulk exclude locations, we are trying to keep the 2000 zip codes included in the General Market campaign. Our ad sets & keywords are identical between all campaigns.

Would the conversion tag be able to tell if person A came from zip code 12345 and saw just the advertisement for campaign 2? Or because zip code 12345 is included in both General Market campaign and campaign 2 it wouldn't know which campaign to attribute the conversion to?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tweet2Quit S
March 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Attribution is based on the ad (tied to a specific ad group), I click on (or view, for view-through conversions or call for phone conversions) alone, not the location.  Physical location is irrelevant for attribution.  

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

The correct ad and keyword will be given the conversion. If you look up locations in the Dimensions tab, you can see where the conversion came from.