AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Status 'unverified' and no data for android download conversion

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've recently created a conversion for tracking downloadof my android app, but it seemed to be not tracking.  I set up the  download tracking follow steps in the following link exactly:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722054

(Scoll to paragraph 'Set up to track mobile application downloads for Android')

It has been on the site for about 4 days now , but it still showes as 'unverified'.

Could  anyone please tell if I missed anything, or what I need to do to make it start tracking?

Here is some background:

I  started from creating a fresh adwords account, and then go directly to 'Tools and Analysis' -->'Conversions' -->'Mobile app download', and then set packge name to name of my android app on google play.

Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xiaqing
September 2015

Re: Conversion Status 'unverified' and no data for android download conversion

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm not sure if you are meaning that by saying conversion from AdWords-visitors.

If you immediately prior to that performed a Google-search and clicked on of your own ads, then you´d be an AdWords-visitor

After some more research on adwords and the download tracking function, I found it might need me to be an AdWords advertiser to use app download tracking. 

To track downloads from AdWords-visitors you certainly need to be an AdWords-advertiser. But you can track downloads from other kinds of visitors as well as AdWords-visitors by using Google Analytics

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you suspet that you got any conversion (from AdWords-visitors) during those days?
Cause I believe it will say univerfied until you get at least 1 AdWords-conversion.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

I did go to google play and download my app twice with two different android devices after the setup.

I'm not sure if you are meaning that by saying conversion from AdWords-visitors.

It still showes 'unverified' now. 

After some more research on adwords and the download tracking function, I found it might need me to be an AdWords advertiser to use app download tracking. 

Could anyone please confirm that?

and here is a note for app download tracking:

Note: Mobile application download tracking for Android will only work if your links inClick-to-download or Mobile App Extension ads point directly to the Google Play Store .

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xiaqing
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

If you immediately prior to that performed a Google-search and clicked on of your own ads, then you´d be an AdWords-visitor

To track downloads from AdWords-visitors you certainly need to be an AdWords-advertiser. But you can track downloads from other kinds of visitors as well as AdWords-visitors by using Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for you help, David