AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Assume that a conversion occurs a week after the initial ad click. To which day is the conversion posted - the day of the initial click, or the day of the actual conversion?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Conversion Reporting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

As per my understanding, Adwords attribute conversion to the last click that happened inside your account. Hence your initial click will get the benefit of a conversion as per your example.

See this article for more details where you will also see big differences between Google Analytics and Google Adwords tracking methodologies in terms of conversions:- http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en&

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I.e the conversion will be attributed to the day the ad was clicked, not the day the conversion occured, unless another ad was clicked in between, or 30 days has gone since last time an ad was clicked, cause then no conversion will be attributed at all 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

As per my understanding, Adwords attribute conversion to the last click that happened inside your account. Hence your initial click will get the benefit of a conversion as per your example.

See this article for more details where you will also see big differences between Google Analytics and Google Adwords tracking methodologies in terms of conversions:- http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en&

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I.e the conversion will be attributed to the day the ad was clicked, not the day the conversion occured, unless another ad was clicked in between, or 30 days has gone since last time an ad was clicked, cause then no conversion will be attributed at all