AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Pixel - quick question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I set up a conversion pixel on a confirmation page (value of 25 for one product) but a person will buy it twice (so the value should be 50) but in the adwords system it will show me the value of 25.

How do I set up a pixel so it will give me 50 (total conversion value) in adwords.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Pixel - quick question

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Conversion value tracks the value of each conversion separately. If two quantities of same product are bought in a single conversion, its value would be $25X2 = $50. If one product is bought twice (one quantity each time), the value of one conversion would be $25, but conversions would be two.

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi G3 T,

I don't know what Sumanth is talking about here. In the conversion code, there is a variable google_conversion_value. The conversion will be valued at whatever value is stored to this variable. The conversion code does not know how many of a product are purchased.

The thing to do is have your shopping cart software fill in the actual value of the sale. How you do that depends on the cart.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Thanks for explaining it in simpler terms Pete!

I was trying to explain how a conversion value of $25 might be recorded when the total sale is $50. Apparently, as G3 T says, the product was bought twice, which means there were two conversions, leading to $25 per conversion.
Sumanth Sridhar