AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Discrepancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why do I see more conversions in the Adgroup tab then the Campaign tab? For example: in one of my current campaigns I manage the campaign tab will say there are 7 conversions yet when I click into the adgroups tab it says there is 10. Is there just a lag time? 

I also check back to Monday to see if the conversions were the same since it has been almost 48 hours and the campaign view says 12 and adgroups view says 14. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Discrepancy

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi D I,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Do you have any paused or deleted ad groups in the campaign? Are you looking at 'All Ad Groups' or 'All Enabled'? Could you add the column 'Converted Clicks' both at the campaign & Ad Group Level, and let us know if they match?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thank you! All campaigns and adgroups are enabled, However i just noticed that in the campaigns tab under converted clicks it says for example on Monday 12 conversions and in the adgroups tab it says 14 BUT on the campaign tab under estimated total conversions it says 14 as well. So it seems that the estimated total conversions in the campaigns tab and the conversions total in the adgroups tab are matching up. Which should you go by then for total conversions? I do weekly reporting for this client. Thank you for your help!!

Courtney

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You're welcome, Courtney!

'Converted Clicks' are the immediate result of an ad click (similar to unique user), while 'Conversions' reflect total conversions including the very first one. These were earlier reported as Conversions '1 per click' and 'many per click'. Either of them should be equal (mostly) at campaign and ad group levels. I'd report on 'Conversions' than 'Converted Clicks', as it would show the total number of conversions, whether or not they're unique. More info about these counting methods here.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Courtney,

I think Sumanth has given you a good description of what Converted Clicks & Conversions measn in AdWords. Now the question is, what is the metric that you should be reporting.

This is something that you can answer yourself. If you are running a eCommerce based account then you need to report the 'Conversions' numbers where as if you are running a Lead based account, you need to report the 'Converted Clicks' numbers.

Also, keep in mind, you do not report 'Estimated Total Conversions' as those numbers are the combination the Conversions column and estimated conversion types, such as cross-device conversions or call conversions from ads shown on tablets and computers.

You can read more about this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678?hl=en

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"