AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Data for Remarketing Imported Audience From GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I feel like I'm having some kind of issue with importing audience from Google Analytics to Adwords. Here is my case..

I've a remarketing campaign in Adwords with display ads (images). I created audience in GA and imported to Adwords instead of creating them in Adwords. I of course adjusted the GA code to include the remarketing code. All is working well except I'm not seeing any view-through conversions in my Adwords account. The account is recording conversion but not view-through!

I'm under the impression that importing audience from Analytics is causing this issue of not recording any view-through conversions; is it the code from analytics that actually doesn't track the view-through?

If anyone can help me with this question, it's really much appreciated.

Thanks in a advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Irene
September 2015

Re: Conversion Data for Remarketing Imported Audience From GA

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Irene,

I believe that the cookie that's used with Analytics remarketing is not able to track whether a user has seen a display ad, and thus not able to count view-through conversions. Let me double-check on this for you though.

Stay tuned!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi Irene,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Yes when you import your remarketing lists into AdWords you do not get view through conversions. Google Analytics works specifically on visits (and doesn't track ad impressions.) Therefore, when using the import goal feature, you won't have access to View through conversions.

I hope the above helps.

Bilbo.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Irene,

I believe that the cookie that's used with Analytics remarketing is not able to track whether a user has seen a display ad, and thus not able to count view-through conversions. Let me double-check on this for you though.

Stay tuned!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi Irene,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Yes when you import your remarketing lists into AdWords you do not get view through conversions. Google Analytics works specifically on visits (and doesn't track ad impressions.) Therefore, when using the import goal feature, you won't have access to View through conversions.

I hope the above helps.

Bilbo.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Coco for the help..

I followed you from my G+ profile Smiley Happy which is different than this account I currently use..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Bilbo.. that really helped.. Smiley Happy