AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Code was placed between <body> tags, but it is not firing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi as the title suggests, we placed by copy pasting the adwords conversion pixel between the <body> tags on our thank you page, but the pixel does not fire.

How can we troubleshoot?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Code was placed between <body> tags, but it is no

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
What exactly isn't firing? It's not supposed to trigger a conversion unless you clicked on an ad and are cookied.

Can you install the Google Tag Assistant chrome extension and go through the process and see what it says?

Can you then maybe copy the source from your thank you page unto a text file and link to it for me?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
We've spent $XXX dollars and it still says the conversion pixel isn't tracking, despite getting dozens of orders.

The pixel fires though according to this tool. Super strange.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Atila O,

How are you delivering the thank you page? If it's a call-back or AJAX, the script will not run and the conversion will not be recorded.

Other than that I don't know what to suggest. If you want to provide the URL I can take a look for any scripting errors. I see Dave has offered to do the same thing. I'd rather see the page than the code, to make sure it's been placed properly.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords