AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Code Setups

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi google community!

First of all, I want to thank the contributors to my older posts. I am really happy of the assistance that I get from you guys.

So heres my case. Im not quite sure that our programming team is doing the job correctly, as in adding the conversion tags. Before I start, am I allowed to post my entire conversion tags on this forums? That'll make things easier.

I have questions before that one though:

1. Our adwords account is new, so we have but 1 remarketing tag, to be used for all our websites. We are tasked with Retargeting, because the other departments are not allowed to do so - however, they handle things like analytics etc.

One weird case, given that we have 1 remarketing tag, with a unique conversion_ID, when I turn on chrome tag assistant, I see a tag labelled "Remarketing Tag" with a different Conversion_ID and conversion_label. What does that imply? Are they running a retargeting campaign against the company's wishes?

2. In one website for example, the possible conversion can be different. I will post the conversion tracking if I can confirm that it is safe or allowed to post the information here on the community.

Thank you very much for the help.

Ed.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Code Setups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ed,

Is there only one remarketing tag on the page?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the response. When I turn on google tag assistant, I see two remarketing tags. In one, the conversion ID and label is associated associated with the tag in the shared library of our adwords account, but the other remarketing tag, the conversion ID or label are different from ours.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ed,

That's could code from another account. Do both blocks of code include:

var google_remarketing_only = true;

Is it possible the second block of code is to record conversions? If the above line is not included in the code, it could be that. Check your defined conversion action code and see if the label matches.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords