AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion - But Amount Not Credited

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have an Adwords account with Conversion Tracking Code Embeded in the Website. While the Adwords account Shows Conversion, but there's No Money Credit to My account. I have been facing such problem for past 2 weeks. Last month, the account had conversions and the account was credited to my account; So there cannot be a mistake with tracking code or it being misplaced. What Possible Problem may have occured with my account?

Thanks in Advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vishal Joseph
September 2015

Re: Conversion - But Amount Not Credited

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vishal,

Sumanth is correct here. Can you please provide us with the URL on which the conversion tracking code is placed.

But to add to his replay I just wanted to ask if there is anyway for the user to get to the page with the tracking code without completing a purchase? do you use the same thank you page for a newsletter sign up? contact form? Do you maybe have a link to that page somewhere on your site that a user could get to it from?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Thanks Vishal!

I've checked the website and here's the issue:

You have two separate thank you pages for purchase and contact form. However, you've pasted the same conversion tracking code on both confirmation pages. This makes AdWords report both type of conversions together and hence the confusion in numbers. Please refer attached screenshots. I'd suggest generating a separate conversion tracking code for contact form and replacing the existing code (on contact form confirmation page) with that.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth

guilty1.pngguilty2.png

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Vishal,

It is hard to find out the cause without verifying 'how conversion tracking code is implemented' on the payment confirmation page. Could you provide the website URL?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vishal,

Sumanth is correct here. Can you please provide us with the URL on which the conversion tracking code is placed.

But to add to his replay I just wanted to ask if there is anyway for the user to get to the page with the tracking code without completing a purchase? do you use the same thank you page for a newsletter sign up? contact form? Do you maybe have a link to that page somewhere on your site that a user could get to it from?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Actually im dealing with a webSite selling adult products
http://guiltypleasures.co.za/index.php?route=checkout/success
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Thanks Vishal!

I've checked the website and here's the issue:

You have two separate thank you pages for purchase and contact form. However, you've pasted the same conversion tracking code on both confirmation pages. This makes AdWords report both type of conversions together and hence the confusion in numbers. Please refer attached screenshots. I'd suggest generating a separate conversion tracking code for contact form and replacing the existing code (on contact form confirmation page) with that.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth

guilty1.pngguilty2.png

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank You Sumanth. I'll check out the website and the underlying problem. It was a great help. But Unfortunately the screenshot is not available. If, Its possible, can you please send it again. Thank you for the Deed.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Not a problem Vishal!

Could be a technical glitch. Please find the first image here and the second one here.

@KathleenGJust wanted to bring this to your notice, as uploaded screenshots are sometimes not available. Another instance in this thread.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Sumanth. As mentioned by you about the tracking code, i've made the necessary changes in the website. But Today, the same thing occured. Since the tracking code generated by Google cannot be incorrect; Can this be a website problem. This is creating a lot of chaos. Help me sort out this problem.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Vishal,

I tried filling up the contact form again, and noticed (screenshot attached) that you've removed the conversion tracking code. Speaking of 'conversions being recorded when there's no actual conversion', here are some possibilities:

1. Same tracking code implemented in pages other than the actual payment confirmation page: Please check all pages of the website.
  2. Users being able to reach the payment confirmation page without making an actual payment: Please check with webmaster to ensure this doesn't happen.
  3. Common confirmation page for payment and some other action on the website: Again, check with webmaster and ensure payment confirmation page is unique.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

noconve.png

Sumanth Sridhar

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know @Sumanth Sridhar - we are working to have this image issue resolved.

Loving the responses here, looks like @Vishal Joseph is in good hands!