AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion ( 1 per click )

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

If user click on my ad and conversts, and then come back to my site using book mark within 30 days, Will it be considered 2 conversion (1per click)

if yes yes then if i got a 5 figure in my adword interface, does not it mean the same user has done it .

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion ( 1 per click )

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jeevan

If user A clicks on your ad and converts, then within 30 days he visits your site again either via book mark or any other source and converts, that conversion will be counted under "Many per click" and not one per click

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeewan,

Regarding the first part of your post:

When using conversion tracking with 1-per-click conversions, AdWords will only report the visitor's first conversion.  Subsequent conversions by the same user within the same conversion window will not be counted.  The conversion window is the number of days after a click during which a conversion will be recorded.  It is set to 30 days by default in your account but can be changed in the "Conversion window" column of the Conversions section of your account which is accessible from the Tools tab.

Regarding the second part of your question:

It depends on a number of things.  In a simplified case, since the answer to your first question was no, if your adwords interface shows five 1-per-click conversions, it most likely indicates that 5 separate users, each responsible for 1 ad click, converted at least once within their respective conversion windows.

Variables affecting the accuracy of this explanation and your analysis:

• The Scope of your analysis (campaigns, ad groups, ads, keywords)
  • Time Frame Analyzed vs. Conversion Window Length
  • Dates of various unique visitors' clicks on your ad

Since 1-per-click conversions can be aggregated and analyzed at different levels of your account and over different time frames, you have to take into account how these variables might affect your analysis.

Here's just one example:  Assume that you analyze an ad group with a single ad and keyword over a period of 60 days and see that you have two 1-per-click conversions for a conversion set to the default conversion window (30 days).  It is possible that a single visitor might be responsible for both 1-per-click conversions if they clicked your ad AND converted two separate times within the two month window as long as their clicks on your ad and conversions were 30 days apart (causing them to have distinct conversion windows).  As a result, "the 1-per-click conversion is most useful for measuring conversions approximating unique customer acquisitions." [link]

1-per-click conversions answers the question, "Are unique visitors from my ad converting at least once within 30 days of clicking my ad?"

I hope this helps!

Joe

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you very much for the reply, but suppose i have choosen a window of 25 days only, then is it possible to have same user click on my ad and conversts, and then come back to my site using book mark within 30 days, Will it be considered 2 conversion (1per click)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Jeewan,

The short answer to your question is no.  Once the user that clicked on your ad converts once, no further conversions will be recorded for that user when using 1-per-click conversions.

Consider these examples for a 1-per-click conversion with a 25 day conversion window (CW) and a total time frame of 30 days:

Scenario #1 - user converts twice within the conversion window.  Only one 1-per-click conversion is recorded:

• Day 1 (CW Starts) =  Visitor  Clicks ad and converts.  A 1-per-click conversion recorded
  • Day 20 = Visitor returns from bookmark and converts.  No additional conversions are recorded because 1 conversion has already been recorded for this visitor within the conversion window
  • Day 25 (CW End)
  • Day 30 (CW expired) = Visitor returns from bookmark and converts - no conversion recorded because the CW expired.

Scenario #2 - a user does not convert immediately, but converts twice within the conversion window.  Only one conversion is recorded.:

• Day 1 (CW Start) = Visitor clicks your ad, but does not convert - no conversion recorded
  • Day 10 = Visitor returns from bookmark, and converts - a single 1-per-click conversion is recorded
  • Day 20 = Visitor returns from bookmark and converts - no further 1-per-click conversion is recorded for this user within the CW.
  • Day 30 (CW Expired) = Visitor returns from bookmark and converts - no conversion recorded because the CW has expired

Scenario #3 - a user clicks your ad AND converts BUT not within the Conversion Window.  No conversion is recorded.

• Day 1 (CW Start) = visitor clicks your ad but does not convert
  • Day 25 (CW End) = visitor returns from bookmark but does not convert
  • Day 30 (CW Expired) = visitor returns from bookmark and converts, but no 1-per-click conversion is recorded since the conversion window has expired

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you still have questions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Jeewan,

Simple answer to your question is :

Conversion Many-Per-Click : Counts all conversions (purchases, key views of a page, etc.) that occur within 30 days(Conversion Window) of an ad click.
Conversion 1-per-Click : Counts the first conversion within the same period.

So if a user converts 2 time in a Conversion Window it will be tracked as 2 many-per-click Conversions and 1 Conversion 1-per-click.

I hope this works.

Thanks,

Anurag

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Pl give me your email id

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Jeewan - 

It's actually against Community policies to ask people to contact you off the forum. The people who are answering questions (for free) here are donating some of their own time to helping others succeed with AdWords. They're answering questions on the forum when (and if) they have time.

I've read your question and the responses. It seems to me that you've gotten the answer to your question. If you still don't quite understand, can you post again and explain what it is that's still confusing you?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No Madam
I want my product " Ad" to be appeared first when anyone do google search
Is there any solution by making use of google adwords?

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

No one can guarantee first position placement for an ad--especially not for every time an ad appears.

Improving ad positioning can take time--refining your keyword list (changing match types and/or adding negative keywords to block unwanted searches), testing different ad messaging to find the wording that's most appearling to your potential customers, trying out different sitelinks and other strategies to make your ads more informative, etc. (Obviously, offering competitive bids is a part of this strategy but it's rarely profitable to just raise your bid offers until your ad rank is high enough to get the ads into first place--and no matter what your bid, your ads won't continue to appear if customers don't click on them often enough.

Building an AdWords campaign is just the beginning. Refining and improving it until it's at peak peformance takes time and effort.

If you have other specific questions, please ask them!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*