AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Contradicting information in adwords control panel

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the google adwords site on the campaigns tab it tells me i have had 0 clicks and a cost of £0, if I go to the billing tab it tells me i i have had 8 clicks at a cost of £14.57 and if I click the campaign link to drill in to more detail it tells me I have had 52 clicks at a cost of £51.21

So I take it the 3rd one is true and the other 2 aren't up to date but its a bit frustrating when you've spent hours wondering why no one has clicked on your ad when really 52 people have! Why can't they keep all 3 places to up date and in sync?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Contradicting information in adwords control panel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Paul, very little, if any, AdWords data is real-time.  Personally I don't trust anything less than 24 hours old and if I'm preparing reports for others I'll usually give it 48 or more.

Why?  AdWords is staggeringly huge and runs over a vast network of servers. Keeping everything in sync for all the equally vast number of Accounts out there is a truly phenomenal task.  However, even if AdWords data were real-time, it still wouldn't be a good idea to make any decisions based upon short-term data.  Most Accounts exhibit a pattern to clicks and sales and I don't tend to make decisions on anything less than 2 weeks of data.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits