AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Content Network conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been advertising on Google Content Network advertising for some time now.  The original person who set this up for me indicated that analytics would not be able to track actual conversions.  This was true - although we were spending money, and driving click throughs to our site, we never tracked a sale. 

We now have a new individaul helping us with this advertising.  He has indicated that he can track conversions.  However, despite spending a fairly significant amount of money, we are still not tracking any conversions.  I find it hard to believe that we can be driving so much traffic to the site without any sales.

Can anyone clarify for me whether conversions on COntent Network can be tracked.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Content Network conversions

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

hey Bob,

You'll need to have AdWords Conversion Tracking installed for View-through conversion reporting to work for your campaigns.

To learn more about View-through conversion reporting on the Google Content Network, you can visit the Help Center

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Another option you may want to use is ECommerce Tracking or Goals through Google Analytics. 

Conversion tracking is limited to reporting results from AdWords traffic only, however if you use ECommerce or Goals within Analytics you'll see results from all traffic sources and get the bigger picture on how your website and your business is performing.

Kathleen

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Bob,

Simple answer to your question, you absolutely can track conversions from the Content (Display) Network. Whether you use the AdWords conversion code or import conversions (transactions or goals) depends on the type of site and conversions you wish to record.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords