AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Content Experiments

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone

I wanted to create Content Experiment in Google Analytics for our site first time. My question is

My original home page index.html and some experementel page such as index1.html, index2.html. How the traffic will come on last 2 pages. Because they are just uploaded. 

Also not found experiment tab in analytics content section.

please any one help....

Thanks

Re: Content Experiments

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

If your index1 and index2 pages are varients of the main idex page you can "Define what percentage of your visitors are included in the experiment"

ofcource officlail google analytics forum is at http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics but if you want to measure this for adwords and conversions then Smiley Happy just stay here

Hope that helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kernel,

I think you should go through Multi-level testing, that will more helpull for you to analyse traffic on particular page. For multilevel testing use website optimizer in tools and analysis tab.

If you want to set up these experiment in analytic just go through funnel goal conversion and than you can analyse that from which landing page you are getting more conversion. 

Regards

-Vicky

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi theniks
Thanks for your quick response.

What do you mean by "varients" ? and How can i do this?

waiting for your response
thanks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Please visit this page http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1745152 and scroll down to 

section Choose which pages should be in your experiment

That should answer your question

Hope that helps

Regards, Nik

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
i already seen that page. but not got the anawer.

Is the home traffic redirected to varieant urls in experiment ?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

yes you can devide traffic in % to each of your experiment. so if you get 100 clicks then you can send 50% to index1 and 50% to index2 randomly

Hope that makes more sense

Regards, Nik