AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Confusion on the Mobile clicks-to-call & Call Externsion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

After running the campaign for a while, the report shows:

18 clicks in the Call Extension, but in the Ad Group page the Phone calls column it says 0, when I segmented the click type, there was 1 click.

So how many call did we actually receive?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Confusion on the Mobile clicks-to-call & Call Externsion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey,

Are you using google forwarding number. Because in case you are not, you wont receive the call stats in the Adwords interface.

Regards
Rohit Khanna

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Also - when extensions report, it will show that there were 18 clicks, when the phone extension was displayed. This does not mean that the visitor placed a call, just that when the number was shown 18 people clicked the ad.

Extension reporting is not very intuitive- often what we think something means is not quite right.

for example, when we look at the sitelinks reports - it will often show the same CTR for all sitelinks - this simply means that all the sitelinks showed on all the ads that were clicked.... not that people clicked on the sitelink itself.

when you are within the extension report, try clicking on segment - This extension vs. Others - this gives you the actual splits so you can see what really happened...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I am using forwarding number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, so Ad extension report doesn't tell us how many people call