AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Confused about total of ad clicks not showing up under keywords...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, as of right now (9:00am in the morning), I have only one enabled Adword campaign and only ad under that campaign. When I view the "Keywords" tab, it shows there are (27) clicks for the day, yet ALL of my keyword lines shows ZERO. 

(For the last 6 months, I show a total of 15,000+ clicks, yet only (8) associated with keywords.

What am I missing? How do I determine what words/phrases are generating these clicks?

(My apologies if I've categorized this question incorrectly or posted in the wrong forum).

Thank you!
Justin
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Confused about total of ad clicks not showing up under keywords...

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Justin,

On the keywords tab I suggest you sort the order of keywords by "clicks". That's a simple way to see keywords with most clicks for the selected period.

Also, you can have a look at the Search Terms Report to see what exact queries triggered your ads.

Diogo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Diogo C; I do already have the column sorted by clicks. In 15,000 clicks, only (7) are associated with my approximately (25) keywords; (2) with one keyword and (5) with another.
I'm not familiar with the Search Terms Report, so I'm going to check that out right now!
Thanks again!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Justin,

Thanks for clarifying. In that case, I think you might have an active "Filter" for your keywords and if that's the case, it will show the totals from all keywords, but keyword breakdown will be filtered.

I suggest you make sure you don't have any active "Filters".

Diogo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have verified there are no filters.
I have watched the instructional video on changing the details to ALL SEARCH TERMS. Despite it showing (58) clicks already for today, the detailed view displays this message:
"Not enough data to show particular queries."

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
If you don't have filters, other thing is to make sure you select to view "All keywords" and not "All enable" or "All but deleted".

Those clicks aren't enough to extract that report. You need to set a bigger period and go from there.

Diogo
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Justin F
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Diogo makes a good point - if you edit a keyword - for example change it's match type - then the counter for that keyword goes back to zero - also, make sure that your clicks are not including clicks on display network ads as these will not be linked to any particular keyword.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Justin F
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Justin,

Is this a Display Network campaign or a hybrid campaign? Sounds like it could be. Clicks in a DN campaign do not get attributed to any particular keyword on the keyword tab.

Just a thought.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is indeed a DN campaign. After all of the reading I've done today, I understand better what that is now. (Did not research enough when I started the campaign; strange that the default campaign would be the one that's not appropriate for most). Thank you all for your help. It does not appear that you can change the campaign type on an existing campaign, so I guess I'll just delete that one and start fresh. Thanks again.