AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conflict between 2 reports - Geographic Report & Keyword Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I find conflict between 2 reports - Geographic Report & Keyword Report. Geographic report showing 1 extra click as compare to Keyword report. We don't find any click as invalid click during same time period. On which report I will have to believe ? Why this conflict arise ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conflict between 2 reports - Geographic Report & Keyword Repor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Sunanda N wrote:

I find conflict between 2 reports - Geographic Report & Keyword Report. Geographic report showing 1 extra click as compare to Keyword report. We don't find any click as invalid click during same time period. On which report I will have to believe ? Why this conflict arise ?

I think you cannot compare these 2 reports because of the fact that both are different and meant to be analyzed for different purposes.

If on one end Geographic report is to give you an idea of what all clicks you are getting from which particular regions depending upon your target locations, then on another hand, Keyword report simply provides you data related to what all keywords are generating good clicks for you along with other metrics.

So I would suggest you to look at both the reports separately and take the desired action separately in order to optimize your account and maximize the ROI.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pankaj, We are running Adwords campaign for Canada only. So i believe total no of clicks into Geographic Report must be equal to Total no of clicks into Keyword Report. I also want to clarify that I am exporting few days earlier report.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Sunanda N;

What discrepancies are you getting?

Which advanced geo- targeting did you choose?: "people in my location only" OR "people in, or searching about my location",

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To avoid Non-Canadian visitors,

Target  - > People in my targeted location (Canada)
Exclude  -> People in my excluded location (U.S, India, Russia, Mexico )  & many other country

What discrepancies are you getting?

Set 15 April 2013

Get Geographic Report
Dimention > Geographic . Apply Filter Performance > Click >= 1
Report - 17 Clicks from Different Cities of Canada

Get Keyword Report
Go Keyword Tab
Report - 16 Clicks

Note - No invalid clicks, No Non-Canadian Clicks (on Geographic Report)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hmmm... This is a minor discrepancy; Could be an error..

Did you check other dates?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes. Same mistake repeat on 29 April 2013.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I consider it to be an insignificant "sampling error" dependent on the time period the data is referred to. (I.e Could be that one click was recorded on one system earlier/ later on a given date.

My guess...