AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Competing with the big businesses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would love to know some great techniques that I can use for my business for sponsored ads. It seems when I do very specific keyword searches, the large dept stores still show up.  I am a small business online but I do well and I don't necessarily need local exposure since I'm not brick & mortar. I am already paying google shopping which clicks are eating up my budget quickly.  I was going to try text ads but don't want to bother if my ad is going to show up at the bottm right corner of page results.  Any advice would be great.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Competing with the big businesses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Although there is no perfect way to go about this, I can tell you that it will take time and effort to refine your campaigns so they are running at max potential in order to compete with the 'Big Guys'.  Here is a great article covering this topic by one of my fellow TC's Calin - When Advertising Get's Tough

I would also suggest reading Calin's post here as it was the inspiration for his article.

It's a good read and will give you an idea about what you're looking at and some general advise.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Although there is no perfect way to go about this, I can tell you that it will take time and effort to refine your campaigns so they are running at max potential in order to compete with the 'Big Guys'.  Here is a great article covering this topic by one of my fellow TC's Calin - When Advertising Get's Tough

I would also suggest reading Calin's post here as it was the inspiration for his article.

It's a good read and will give you an idea about what you're looking at and some general advise.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for your help!