AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Comparing exact Keywords and Conversions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The following situation:

My company put Google AdWords to a very good use and managed to acquire quite some customers through the search engine marketing-route.

But recently, we excluded our brand name from the list of eligible keywords; the reasoning behind this is that if someone is looking for us anyway, we don't need to bolster our google presence by publishing additional ads on top of that (and thus avoid wasting money).

We have several types of conversion (most are goodies and giveaways for marketing purposes), but one particular type is our main product and as such is marked with the enhanced value of 1000 (instead of 1) per conversion, to make it easier to spot it if someone actually bought a product.

But now I want to backtrack how many of the requests that have been converted by our campaigns to a 1000-conversion included these undesired keywords. I don't want to deny it, AdWords was responsible for a fair share of our sales in the past, but I intend to know how skewed exactly these results are, thus making sure I have an accurate representation of the exact success of AdWords.

For example, if one of the keyword-combos for an add is buy awesome stuff but the customer who made the aforementioned conversion googled buy awesome stuff at [company name] (and therefore would be excluded from getting a company ad in the future).

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine which exact search terms (and not just which keywords) led to which conversion?

Thanks in advance,

toaoNick

Re: Comparing exact Keywords and Conversions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you catch search term type in Google Search after user lands in your site and you also track the conversion at the same time?

Just like Chitika ads catch the last search term typed by user to land a site.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author toaoNick
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nick

Have you run a search terms report? It will show you a list of the actual search queries people typed before they clicked your ad, not just the keyword which triggered it.

If your report is  extensive, I´d suggest you download it and use Excel for order and search for specific keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Do you have Google Analytics on your site?  Thats the perfect tool to find these type of things?  If not, then search qery report might be your best chance to find these queries.

Thanks,

Nimesh.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
FYI, you can sort search term reports by conversions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@David Precisera
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

toaoNick wrote:

The following situation:

My company put Google AdWords to a very good use and managed to acquire quite some customers through the search engine marketing-route.

But recently, we excluded our brand name from the list of eligible keywords; the reasoning behind this is that if someone is looking for us anyway, we don't need to bolster our google presence by publishing additional ads on top of that (and thus avoid wasting money).

We have several types of conversion (most are goodies and giveaways for marketing purposes), but one particular type is our main product and as such is marked with the enhanced value of 1000 (instead of 1) per conversion, to make it easier to spot it if someone actually bought a product.

But now I want to backtrack how many of the requests that have been converted by our campaigns to a 1000-conversion included these undesired keywords. I don't want to deny it, AdWords was responsible for a fair share of our sales in the past, but I intend to know how skewed exactly these results are, thus making sure I have an accurate representation of the exact success of AdWords.

For example, if one of the keyword-combos for an add is buy awesome stuff but the customer who made the aforementioned conversion googled buy awesome stuff at [company name] (and therefore would be excluded from getting a company ad in the future).

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine which exact search terms (and not just which keywords) led to which conversion?

Thanks in advance,

toaoNick

tube filling machine, 

tube filling machines,

tube filling equipment, 

Gel filling machine, 

Tube Filling and Sealing Machine

Cream Filliing Machine , cream filler machine,   

Ointment Filling Machine ,  

Paste Filling Machine,  

Plastic Tube Sealing Machine , 

Lami tube filling machine,   

ALUMINUM Tube  filling machine,   

Ointment  panat,

tube filling machine manufacturing, 

tube filling  equipment,

filling machines, 

tube filling,  

automatic filling machines,

auger filling machine ,

Powder filling machine,

powder Filling Machinery  ,

Powder filling machines, 

Bottle  powder Filling Machine   ,

Auger Filling Machine  ,

Auger Filling machines,

Automatic Powder filling machine ,

semi automatic powder filling machine,Powder filling machine manufacturing,  

bottle filling,

Dry syrup Powder filling machine  ,

Automatic Single Head Powder Filling Machine,  Single Head Powder Filling Machine,

Liquid Filling manufacturing,

Liquid Filling machine, 4 Head Liquid Filling machine,table top filling machine,  Bottle filling machine, Pharmaceutical Machinery panat,

Pharmaceutical Machinery,

semi  Liquid Filling machine,

semi Bottle filling machine,

Batch coding machine, Brand Code Printer machine,

coding machine

Carton Code Printer machine,

carton Printer machine