AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Companies Tracking my video performance

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I upload videos and recently made a sponsored video for this particular business. They said they needed access to my AdWords. "You’ve received a request from an AdWords account owner to link your YouTube channel," I said yes. two months later, the business comes back and provides me on stats on their end like: Enagements, Like Ratio, Number of Comments, SEO Score, Clicks from Devices, etc etc.

My question is, when I allow the invitation what was requested through that email, doesn't that business have full access to all of my Youtube data to view? How can I ensure that the business will only be viewing my metrics for the particular sponsored video I made for him?

Hope someone can help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @JimsReviewRoom,

The correct way to mange clients is to create a separate AdWords account for each. The create a separate Google My Business Listing (G+ profile) for each, which will also create them a YouTube channel. You would then add their videos to their YouTube channel and promote from it within their Adwords account. This keeps everything separate, professional and proper. It is not really correct to add their videos to your YouTube channel... and by them having a YouTube channel in their name, you are providing them another digital asset for their business, which helps them in many ways.

Kind Regards,

James  

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens,

I appreciate the help.  I understood your response, yet believe my initial statement was not the best.  With my current channel, the Sponsor would like to take advantage of my subscriber count and gain exposure from my followers/subscribers. (240,000 at the moment)  With your advice above, it sounded as though you suggested to make a separate Youtube channel which the sponsor would not gain any exposure with my current subscriber count?  

Hope you can assist.

Jimmy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @JimsReviewRoom,

You are welcome, and I do understand your reasoning, which is sound. 

When you link a YouTube Channel and AdWords Account, it does allow AdWords to access performance metrics. You can learn more with this help file. The metrics should be for the video used with the AdWords promotion and for the purpose needed.

To expand, I am an agency owner and links accounts to pull a video and only see the video metrics in AdWords. However, I also mange G+ business profiles (Google My Business) for some, and when I am the manager or owner of those... I can fully access the associated YouTube business channel. My clients generally want to build a channel for their brand, which goes with the first advice I provided in my previous reply. All three are different ways to do it. The way you are doing it, I would say that they are only seeing their video metrics and nothing more.

Kind Regards,

James