AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Column width on search terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I look at my search terms that users are using to search for my product.  Today when I go to Key Words > Details > All Search Terms, the columns are cutting off the phrases.  This is new...it is difficult to quickly view the search terms when they are longer than the column.  Can someone tell me how to increase the column width?

Re: Column width on search terms

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Torry,

Interesting. So the first column by default is the keyword match, and that is not long enough to display some of your keyword search data.

What i would suggest is to Download and save as either Excel or CVS. If you don't have Excel you can always load it into a Googlee Docs, and then Expand the column to see all the details.

Hope that helps.

Also you may want to run the program as well in your analytics, the data is more up to date then adwords, as it's reporting time is approximately 3 hours behind rather then the 24-48 in adwords. Could help save a few wasted clicks or impressions by added the irrelevant terms to your negative keywords list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ours is the same.  I go through the keyword search terms to add keywords as negative.  How do you now see the whole phrase?  I know you can hover over it but this will take a long time, especially when you have to count words as you cant add them as negative if there are more than 10 words.

Any suggestions anyone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's just a lot of work and time to export, compare, and then go back to adwords to exclude the words I don't want to use. I have many campaigns and ad groups. I don't know why suddenly the column isn't automatically word wrapping like it was. Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now it is back to word wrapping!  Thank goodness!

Column width on search terms

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set width for columns when I do a search using the "List" setting.  I want to see as many files at one time to find the right one.  Right now the columns are too wide and I only see two columns.  The space in between is two to three inches and there is no names that are that long.  How do I set the column width in the "List" setting to give me the maximum viewing.  Thank you for your help.  I am using Windows 10.