AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Client Facing Live Reports URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to provide a URL that my clients can use to track their individual campaign.  Rather than me having to go and check and send them a URL.  (But I obviously do not want them to be able to see the other campaigns from my other clients.) Is this possible?  Is there a plugin that can accomplish this so that I can provide this on the front end of my website?  I'll settle for an External URL. Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Client Facing Live Reports URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Eric C,

If you have all your clients in the same account, but with different campaigns, you are really doing it wrong. Each client should have their own account. Your account should be an MCC account that manages all the client accounts.

No, there is no way to give a person access to selected campaigns within a single account. I highly recommend you setup separate accounts for each of your clients. You may take a temporary hit in QS when doing this until the new account history has a chance to build up. It's best of you to bite the bullet and do this now, or at least plan on reorganizing everything after the first of the year so you don't upset campaigns (and clients) during this shopping season.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the info Pete - The issue is that I advertise events rather than ongoing campaigns per client. I have thought about using MCC but to me it almost doesn't seem worth it for 1 fixed amount of funds for the life of a clients campaign...

How would you handle this type of business advertising?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Eric,

Do your clients have recurring promotions, or is it typically that they are your client for a month and then never again? Just trying to understand a little bit better before I make a suggestion.

(PS sorry, I responded earlier before seeing your second response, so I deleted it.)

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Eric,

I completely agree with Pete on this.

What you wish to do when you are talking about giving access to individual clients to their individual campaigns can be done in a much easier fashion if you create a MCC and run each event campaign in separate accounts.

This will also help you easily manage the spends for each of the events. If you have multiple events for the same client, you can just run them in the same account and allocate budgets to each one of them.

I would suggest you take Pete's advice and carry out this transition to individual accounts as soon as possible. As soon as you do this, you can give access to each client to their own account.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Amy - they do not have recurring promotions. They pay a fixed amount that goes towards their campaign.