AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks from Google IP addresses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My web server log showed me that I have received adwords clicks from Google IP addresses. I know that those are now charged but I want to know why google clicks?

Do you have any idea?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jun H
September 2015

Re: Clicks from Google IP addresses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Google routinely checks ads, landing pages as part of auditing campaigns and account for Policy compliance.
As you correctly noted - those clicks are not charged.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jun H
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Google routinely checks ads, landing pages as part of auditing campaigns and account for Policy compliance.
As you correctly noted - those clicks are not charged.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your response, MosheTLV.
Actually I have one more question.
One of my campaigns whose target location is USA gets Google IP clicks once a day while another campaign with China target location receives 7-8 clicks from Google IP.
Do you know why there is the difference of the frequency?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
This is a good question. I have no clue, and Google does not disclose any information about the process.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. Thank you so much for your help.

*Ecount Inc*.
www.ecounterp.com
XXXX

XXXXXX

XXX

XXXXXXXXX

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Thank you for posting on our forum. In order to protect your personal privacy, we have removed your emails, CID and/or phone numbers from the post.