AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks from Google IP addresses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My web server log showed me that I have received adwords clicks from Google IP addresses. I know that those are now charged but I want to know why google clicks?

Do you have any idea?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jun H
September 2015

Re: Clicks from Google IP addresses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Google routinely checks ads, landing pages as part of auditing campaigns and account for Policy compliance.
As you correctly noted - those clicks are not charged.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your response, MosheTLV.
Actually I have one more question.
One of my campaigns whose target location is USA gets Google IP clicks once a day while another campaign with China target location receives 7-8 clicks from Google IP.
Do you know why there is the difference of the frequency?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
This is a good question. I have no clue, and Google does not disclose any information about the process.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. Thank you so much for your help.

*Ecount Inc*.
www.ecounterp.com
XXXX

XXXXXX

XXX

XXXXXXXXX

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Thank you for posting on our forum. In order to protect your personal privacy, we have removed your emails, CID and/or phone numbers from the post.