AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks but no sessions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear forum members,

Have the following question. We are using Adwords to get traffic to our sites. In Analytics we see the amount of clicks matching with Adwords but for 1 campaign we do not see any other data like sessions etc. Anyone an idea? Thanks in advance!

Clicks 22,818
Cost: $
CPC: $0.02
Sessions: 0
Bounce rate: 0.00%
Page/Session: 0.00
5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Clicks but no sessions

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jan,

Welcome to adwords community.
It seems something went wrong with the data you are getting. I never seen this much of difference between data. Bounce rate is 0% which is never seen by anybody (IMO)

Anyway, There are multiple of reasons why AdWords and Analytics may report different numbers of clicks and sessions: you may read from here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1257084?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jan,

I am experiencing the exact same problem here.

Have you already found a solution/reason?

Thank you very much.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I have the same issue...
Can anyone explain what is going wrong?

Thanks

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Jan, did you enable auto tagging and have you imported google analytics data in adwords or you are looking on it straight in Google Analytics?
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello again,

I have done some more research and in my case it might be because the GA tag was not in the head section of the code.
We have just moved it , so I will let you know if it was the issue or not.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jan,
I request It's you only due to improper connectivity of adwords account with analytics.
here please read complete processure Link Google Analytics and AdWords.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en
Topic "Link Google Analytics and AdWords"

& in this article you see a alert that
" Before you start, make sure that you're using a Google Account that has Edit permission for the Analytics property and Administrative access for the AdWords account(s).
Note: These permissions are only required for the linking process itself. After you've created the link, the permissions can be modified or removed entirely."

& note: "When you link an AdWords account to an Analytics view, anyone with access to that view will be able to see your imported AdWords data. Likewise, if you choose to import Analytics data (such as goals and transactions, metrics, or remarketing lists) into your AdWords account, anyone with access to that AdWords account will be able to see your imported Analytics data.
Once Analytics data (for example, goals) has been imported to AdWords, it is subject to the AdWords terms of service. "

I you fill, you follow same procedure then please comment again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Movit thank you so much for your reply.

Followed all the steps but the issue still exist :confused:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Severine, thanks. And?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey thanks for your comment. Yes we have enabled auto tagging.