AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks but No Sessions in AdWords Bid Adjustments

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, I'll get to the point. 

Why do I have clicks but no sessions for only one day in this AdWords Bid Adjustments view. Tuesday has clicks, but nothing else. Why? If it was a UTM or a gclid issue wouldn't EVERYTHING be lacking sessions?

Please help.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 4.14.16 PM.pngTuesday has clicks but no sessions. Why?

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 4.17.41 PM.png

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Images aren't working right now for some reason, so we don't know what bid adjustments you are referring to. Bid adjustments don't have any effect on analytics reporting. So... Could you go into some more detail? 

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, thank you! The whole image broken thing is killing me so I'll try to explain it out. 

So in Google Analytics, using the left hand nav menu, I went to Acquisition>AdWords>Bid Adjustments.

Then, I used the First Dimension tab "Ad Schedule" (in the selection row of Device, Device (Ad Group Level), Location, Ad Schedule, and Search Remarketing List).

I chose the campaign I was using, and the Ad Schedule gives you every day of the week. There is data on every day of the week, but Tuesday, I register 81 clicks for a cost of $53.64, a CPC of .66, but 0 sessions, 0% bounce rate, 0 pages/session. 

How can this be?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Heather L
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Images seem to be working again! Smiley Happy That's definitely weird. I double-checked a couple of my accounts and don't have the same issue, but maybe there was some kind of reporting issue for that day? If not with analytics then perhaps the server side???

When you are viewing that days data from another perspective, do you have any data reporting? What do the AdWords > campaigns, or Google/cpc source/medium reports look like for that day? Is the issue just with that view, or that days AdWords data all together?

Tom