6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks Vs Sessions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, we've the same issue of some days ago. We see 100 clicks, 1 session and 100% bounce rate. We'e already fixed the URls and changed it https.

What do you think is wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Clicks Vs Sessions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

How often do you see these discrepancies between AdWords and Analytics? Also note that clicks and sessions cannot be same everytime because of various reasons. Find more details around both the metrics here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1257084?hl=en#clicks_vs_sessions

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Clicks Vs Sessions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj, thanks for the feedback. My question is how is possible to have 100 clicks (adding all the clicks) and see only 1 session?

Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

Clicks Vs Sessions

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In most cases this is because the AdWords and Analytics accounts are not properly linked or because the autotagging is not activated in AdWords.

You need to link the AdWords account as a traffic source in Analytics in the admin area. Then you also need to add the Analytics account as a linked source in the AdWords (under the gear icon, linked accounts)

and in your general AdWords settings make sure you have autotagging selected.

That should work - if not, come back and we will dig deeper.

Clicks Vs Sessions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve, many thanks. Actually the guys checked again and all seems fixed, so strange! We also changed "import site metrics" to ON, but I don't know this could was the problem. Could be only because is bad traffic? Any suggestions

Clicks Vs Sessions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Saverio,

Adwords Program detects the bad traffic and readjusts. Monthly invoice will give you clear picture of the bad traffic from the column.

Experts in the Topic
stickleback
pankaj1782