AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks Identification

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have been noticing the difference of total number of clicks since last month especially in the rows of “Total – All Keywords” and “Total – Search”

When you choose any AD Group to see the keywords performance clicks wise at the end of the statistics table in the Keywords tab. You see two options there: One is “Total – All Keywords” and the other is “Total - Search”. In the row of “Total – All Keywords”,

Here is an example:

Total – All Keywords - 10

Total – Search - 14

Can anyone please explain the scenario?

Why is there a difference of 4 clicks between these two rows of “Total – All Keywords” AND “Total – Search”?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Clicks Identification

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
Are you running a "search and display select" campaign?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

No, i am running "Search Network Only - All Features" campaign.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Sorry - posted from the wrong account. Reporting from the correct one.

Hi Zaheer,

On the keyword tab are you filtering for "All Enabled Keywords"? If so, it could be that your other 4 clicks came from a keyword that is now paused. The total row should still be correct but there is also a row for only enabled keywords and it's possible that might be what you are seeing?

Also - are you running any PLA campaigns?

Hope this helps!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amy,

Thanks Smiley Happy

"Sorry - posted from the wrong account. Reporting from the correct one". What do means by this line?

Whether i choose "Total - All Keywords" or the "Total - All Enabled Keywords" clicks difference remains the same. I got your point but i did not pause any keywords while running campaigns. so thats not the case you are assuming. There is something which is causing of it.

Hope understands.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Zaheer,

Sorry for the confusion, I first posted my comment from an account that I use for AdWords - I deleted it and reposted it from the correct. I just made a note at the top of the comment, in case you get email notifications, I didn't want you to wonder why I posted the same thing multiple times. Are you running any campaigns outside of typical search? PLA campaigns for example? Although PLA campaigns are through the search network, they don't use keywords.

Also what date range are you looking at? Just today? If you look at historical date ranges is there a discrepancy?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for making clear the confusion. Smiley Happy

No, i am not using PLA campaigns. I know we will be charged only for PLA campaigns if both account are linked with each other and i have not linked them up.

Its purely the "Search Network Only - All Features" campaign.

I have checked the dates of previous 30 days and found it that its not happening regularly.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Some of the reports take a little longer to populate.  I'm wondering if the keyword report populates slower than the campaign level report.  I have no evidence of this, I'm just curious.

If you look at a report for yesterday, or any time period that doesn't include today, does it match up correctly?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If i look the data only of 29 Nov 2014 i see the difference of 7 clicks between "Total - All Keywords" and "Total - Search". Same is the case with even few weeks back data.

All this is happening with just one AD Group which is a surprising thing for me.

Thanks.