AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Clicking paterns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure where to post this.

I have watched now for quite some time my analitics account (real time beta) just to see whats happening when users come in to my site. 

I have found many users that come in from google adwords do well, and browse the site.. but also have noticed that many of these users at some point in their visit close the page and click on the ad again and start the process again. I have seen this many many times with many different IP addresses. I do realize these people are real and not invalid however do i get charged each time they click? Some do this close then click again thing 3-4 times.

I know this is happening because analitics shows them browsing the site, 10+ pages then all of a sudden they are on homepage with the google cid on it again. This process continues many times untill they leave for good.

My question is Is this normal and am i charged for all this activity?

Please note i am only advertising on the google network, not search.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Clicking paterns

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

also have noticed that many of these users at some point in their visit close the page and click on the ad again and start the process again. I have seen this many many times with many different IP addresses. I do realize these people are real and not invalid however do i get charged each time they click? Some do this close then click again thing 3-4 times.

I don't think in this case Google will charge you for these clicks. I'll sugest you to use the IP Exclusion tool to specify Internet Protocol (IP) addresses that you would like to exclude from seeing your ads. In order to exclude IP addresses, click on Setting tab and then at Advanced Setting, click on IP Exclusions.

Dinesh
My Blog

Re: Invalid Clicks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello rocky533;

The system should credit  you for invalid clicks, (e.g. Repetitive clicks from the same IP)

But also note; A returning visitor, after a while, clicking again to  execute a purchase is NOT an invalid click.

Read more:

How does Google detect invalid clicks?:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6114

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’