AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Click to Call Only - Reporting Incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am noticing a significant difference in the number of "click to calls" reported vs. calls received. As I am using my own call tracking phone number, I can view reporting on all call activity. This includes missed calls. Google is reporting and charging for more calls than are actually received. For example, Google reports show that I was charged for 7 calls. My call tracking reports show that I only received one. How is this possible?

When clicking on a call extension from an iPhone, you get a pop up asking if you want to dial that number. If you click no... does Google still charge for that click?

This is a mobile campaign with the following settings...

- Google Search Only (no partners, content, display)

- Showing on mobile devices (no tablets, computers)

- Call extension set to "click to call only". Using my own call tracking phone number (not supplied by Google)

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Click to Call Only - Reporting Incorrect

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Novamomma;

Once you click on the ad -  you are charged, if the call is placed, or not;

In other words: what you see on your tracking logs is that not all clicks are converted....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’