AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Click assisted conversions in Search Funel , source and weight

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I wanted to know if the Search funnel reports shows a number of "click assisted conversions" can that number include organic or direct conversions in which keywords from that particular campaign "contributed" (were on the conversion path) ?

The weight for a "click assisted conversion" is a convention documented anywhere ? A best practice average ? I understand that if I have 10 "click assisted conversions" in a campaign report level, 1 or more keywords were on some tracked conversion path for 10 conversions, but if I have 10 campaigns , each with 1 contributing keyword to this 11 stage conversion, the weight of a single "click assisted conversion" must be a 1/10 ratio from that conversion , yes ?

[Later edit]     If I have only 1 campaign with many keywords, can the search funnel show after 30 days more "click assisted conversions" than actual conversions (manu per click conversions) ?

It would make sense to have less "click assisted conversions" as some conversions occured directly from some keywords and other conversions occured after a sequence of keywords from that campaign was clicked (assisted) .

Re: Click assisted conversions in Search Funel , source and weight

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adrian

Each interaction of a medium which leads to a conversion is either a first click, an assist or a last click interaction. Several campaigns can contribute to one conversion. There are many different philosophies how much each of those interactions are to be valued. Depending on the purpose of the valuation, the time between first and last click, the product and other factors there are more and less suitable attribution models which make sense.

Google has pages describing its own attribution model in Analytics and about attribution modeling in general: 

Also you will find articles from other sources about Google Analytics attribution modeling floating around the internet. Basically "Google Analytics attribution modeling" is the keyword you are looking for.

Regards

Aleks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I've read about attribution moddeling in Analytics. I want to specificaly know how numbers are interpreted in the Adwords Search Funel report, not in Analytics (which can have organic and direct data). Please take a look at my later edit.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Maybe this video from Google will shed some more light on your questions. It's short and has lots of information about the Adwords Search Funnel report. For example they show how to drill down and see how much a campaign or even a keyword contributed to a conversion: 

AdWords Search Funnels Overview

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ale V,

I know this video, but there are 2 problems :

1) The page where I found this video by searching "search funel organic" [not the same with your pointed video] the text sends a mixed message :

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2012/06/search-attribution-adwords-search.html

What is digital attribution? What is search attribution?
Digital attribution is the process of assigning credit to the various online interactions your customer has before a “conversion” (conversion = making a purchase or performing some other valuable action on your site). These interactions could include display ads, paid
or organic search results,.........

2) If you handle a client who acceses his adwords account ( you only control it via MCC) , and he gets to this report and asks about what those "click assisted conversion" number are, you cannot point him to second 45 from a video for documentation. This should be documented clearly in the help pages somewhere.

And my [later edit] question still remains to be digested, how do you justify the number for "click assisted conversions" relatively to the actual conversions. Can it be biger than the converision IF you have only 1 campaign ?

Let's hope that brainstorming this together can get us somewhere.