AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Click-To-Call & Live Chat Event Tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I have to track 2 important events on my site in GA-

1. Click To Call &
  2. Live Chat

Big problem is that both the features embedded are 3rd party tools. My issues are:

1. There is no destination URL.
  2. If I setup a simple event tracking, each click on the 'Send' button in Live Chat will be counted as an unique value. For example, 4 clicks on send button in one session will be counted as 4 unique events.

I was also going through lots of info on net, I think there is some possibility by using virtual page views concept. I am not so clear about it. Please help!

Thanks,

-Kundan

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kundan
August 2016

Re: Click-To-Call & Live Chat Event Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Using the onclick event handler, you'll get 4 events if it's clicked 4 times, but you'll get the same result if using virtual page views and they click 4 times.

It's the price you pay having your conversion on a third party that you can't control.

Here's some details on VPVs: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032720.?hl=en

Bear in mind, you'll have to set that as a conversion in GA then import that conversion into AdWords as you can't put AdWords conversion tracking on a virtual page view (obviously).

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my account is temporary suspended.. My bank account rec'd all the paymens back. Who do I call? Customer ID: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.