AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Click Fraud - how far back can we claim them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I would like to claim back some invalid clicks and I wonder how far in the past can we go to claim these back?

Thanks for your answers.

Claire

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Claire N
September 2015

Re: Click Fraud - how far back can we claim them?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Claire,

If you really think that this should be reported to Google, then follow the troubleshooter link I gave in the end of my prior post. That would help AdWords investigate it deeply and get back to you.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I have also faced same kind of issue in past, but it was resolved. I communicated with Team and cleared the matter.

Well Google automatically identify invalid clicks and adjust the spend with your total bill and settle it. But if you are still facing the issue I suggest to communicate with Adwords Team they will help out for the same.

Regards,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We've gone back as far as 90 days. You will need to apply for a 'Reactive' credit of invalid clicks using offline analysis. When invalid activity is found through offline analysis and reactive investigation, Google marks those clicks as invalid and issue credits to any advertisers affected by this activity. To protect advertisers from charges resulting from invalid clicks, Google continually use the findings of their offline investigations to update their online monitoring systems, which means that sources that have been found to generate invalid clicks are proactively detected and filtered in the future.

The key s to use a reputable offline resource. The best source we have found and that Google recognizes is ClickReport.com.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Claire,

I am not sure how far you can go but this is sure that if Google finds any invalid click activity in your account, the amount is automatically credited into your account almost during the sametime. They have sophisticated tools and techniques to keep track of all the Invalid click activity happening around.

You can learn more about Ad Traffic Quality of Google here: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

This is the link to follow and troubeshoot Invalid clicks and let AdWords Team know about it: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?rd=1

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for you answer. Yes Google did find invalid click activity and reimbursed us but we found new one that they did see and I was wondering how far we could go. I don't find any details on that.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me.

Claire
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Claire,

If you really think that this should be reported to Google, then follow the troubleshooter link I gave in the end of my prior post. That would help AdWords investigate it deeply and get back to you.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I have also faced same kind of issue in past, but it was resolved. I communicated with Team and cleared the matter.

Well Google automatically identify invalid clicks and adjust the spend with your total bill and settle it. But if you are still facing the issue I suggest to communicate with Adwords Team they will help out for the same.

Regards,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We've gone back as far as 90 days. You will need to apply for a 'Reactive' credit of invalid clicks using offline analysis. When invalid activity is found through offline analysis and reactive investigation, Google marks those clicks as invalid and issue credits to any advertisers affected by this activity. To protect advertisers from charges resulting from invalid clicks, Google continually use the findings of their offline investigations to update their online monitoring systems, which means that sources that have been found to generate invalid clicks are proactively detected and filtered in the future.

The key s to use a reputable offline resource. The best source we have found and that Google recognizes is ClickReport.com.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your answer, very useful